Main Page Activation
Aug 13, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Welcome to our new combined website and online community! What started as a comment and a post-race, endorphin fueled idea has become a reality. Here you'll find all the information you will need for the race, and provide a place where fellow riders can meet, talk some smack and make some friends.
Click on "Join the Iceman Community" above and fill out the form and join in the fun! All are welcome racers, fans, friends and anyone interested in mountain biking.
Ice Society Features:
- Forums: Stay up to date on the latest Iceman news, trail conditions, find group training rides, sell gear or create a forum to get your questions answered!
- Blogs: Follow your friends' Iceman training progress, tune in to the Pro's nutritional tips, share your favorite Iceman stories, and keep spreading the good vibes year round.
- Transfers: The transfer process has been streamlined. If you want in, post it. If you want out (sadly!), post it. Connect and transfer.
- Post throwback photos and videos from your gnarliest Iceman or favorite "niceman".
- Upload your Strava feed to see where you stack against the entire Iceman field or just your age group on the Iceman training leaderboard.
New Rider (Transferring In)
- Join Ice Society
- Obtain a USA Cycling account (and add that to your profile).
- Check “YES, I WANT IN” button in your profile page. Your profile will then be listed in I WANT IN side of the transfer section of the Ice Society for the riders looking for an entry. Every new rider must complete this portion of the process, (even if you know who is transferring their entry to you).
- Find someone selling their entry on the I WANT OUT side of the transfer page.
- Pay original registrant for their entry (that portion of the process is between the two of you).
- Once approved by original registrant, make $25.00 donation to Michigan Youth Cycling (Click below).
- Once MYC staff members have completed the transfer, your updated profile will reflect your race category.
Old Rider (Transferring Out)
- Activate Ice Society profile
- Check “YES, I WANT OUT” button in your profile page. Your profile will then be listed on the transfer page of the Ice Society as with an entry to sell. (If you know who you want to transfer your entry to, you can skip this step and contact them directly through the list of riders looking for an entry).
- Receive payment from new rider.
- Approve transfer to be completed.
- Once MYC staff members have completed the transfer, your updated profile will show “Transfer Out” as your race category.