The 2019 Bell’s Iceman Cometh Challenge and Meijer Slush Cup are sanctioned by USA Cycling, permit number 2019-888. The 2019 Meijer Sno-Cone is also a USAC sanctioned event.

Iceman & Slush Cup Junior riders under age 18 and all Sno-Cone riders must have a wet signature from one of their parents. Mom or Dad not coming with you? Print off a copy of the waiver at home, have Mom or Dad sign it, bring it with you and you’ll be our new favorite junior rider.

A 2019 USA Cycling “Category 1” or “Professional” license or a UCI license for international riders is required to race in the Pro/Cat 1 race in the afternoon. All Pro and Cat 1 riders will need to present their 2019 USA Cycling licenses to the officials to receive their race numbers at packet pick-up.

Questions or concerns? Feel free to contact Dorthy Nichols, from USA Cycling

FAQ about the USA Cycling Sanction

Do I have to purchase an annual USA Cycling license?

No, you are not required to purchase an annual mountain bike license from USA Cycling. You can participate in all of the age based categories just like you have in the past without an annual license. However, if you do have a current annual USA Cycling mountain bike license, you can enter your license number in the USA Cycling License field in your Swift Entry account. If you don't have a USA Cycling license, simply leave that field blank and move on to the next data field. If you do have an annual USA Cycling mountain bike license, you will receive a $5.00 refund upon presentation of your license at packet pick-up. In order to compete in the Pro class you will need a valid "category 1" or "Pro" mountain bike license from USA Cycling or other UCI affiliated National Governing Body (such as the Canadian Cycling Association).

Include your USA Cycling license number on your registration form if you want to receive credit for your performance with USA Cycling. (For USA Cycling, when the results are sent to the Rankings Manager, the results are posted based on your license number. This posting is what is used to compute your regional and national ranking. Also, this information is what the Regional Manager uses to verify your category upgrade status.) Racing with a one-day race permit does not earn ranking and/or category upgrade points.

This all sounds complicated. I am not sure I want to go through all the hassle just for one race a year.

For 95% of Iceman riders, nothing has changed (and there's no hassle). You can show your DRIVERS' LICENSE at packet pick-up, grab your packet, and you are set to rock.

For those riders who are looking for the next level of competition, USA Cycling offers an opportunity to advance within the sport of cycling on a regional, national and international level. You can purchase an annual USA Cycling MTB license at (And you'll receive a $5.00 refund at packet pick-up by simply presenting your valid USAC mountain bike license).